Thursday, March 1, 2007

Weight Loss Tips That Really Work

1. Set a goal. Sign up for some fun runs and try to improve your times. “I went from a 5-K to a 4-miler,then a 5-miler, then a 10-K. As I was building miles and speed, I was getting fitter and losing more weight,” says Therese Revitt, 42, who lost 80 pounds and recently ran a marathon.

2. Prioritize. The beds might not get made, but Sara, 36, still makestime for exercise. That’s how she’s kept off more than 80 pounds for 13 years.”I have to schedule it in and let go of other things — like a perfectly cleanhouse,” she says.

3. Find a passion. “I have a dance background and when I found jazzercise, I said,’Thank God.’ If somebody told me I had to go out and run five days a week, I’d still weigh 185 pounds,” says Anne Geren, 41, who lost 55 pounds and has kept it off for 13 years.

4. Keep an exercise log. It makes you more accountable.Norma from Dallas, TX, who hangs hers on the refrigerator,checks off six workouts a week dutifully. “If I miss one day, I make that my day off for the week.”

5. Get a grip on reality. “When I started keeping a food diary, I discovered that I was eating somewhere between 3,000 and 4,000 calories a day,” says Amy, 46, who found the number shocking.
6. Eat minimeals. Having smaller, more frequent meals can prevent you from getting ravenously hungry and overeating. On average,weight loss winners eat five times a day.
7. Follow the 90% to 10% rule. “If you watch what you eat 90% of the time, the other 10% is not a problem,” says Mucci, who learned this tip
from a fitness professional.
8. Dine at the dinner table only. If you eat in front of the TV, then every time you nestle in with the remote control, it’s a cue to eat. Instead, designate an eating spot for all meals and snacks.”Even when I want potato chips, I set the table just like I was going to sit down for a full course meal,”says Kathy Wilson, 47, who took off more than 100 pounds. “I put a handful of chips on the plate, put the bag away, and then sit down to eat. I never just stand at the counter and eat now.”

There are more advices about weight loss here.

About the Author

Want to find more informations about weight loss? Visit It wiil give you some advices.